Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, It Works!
Akron Recycling Program
The City of Akron provides curbside trash and recycling collection once a week to residents of one, two, and three family freestanding residential units.
Beyond the Curb: Recycling Alternatives
Reduce & Reuse
ReWorks provides access to a number of programs and events within Summit County to help residents to practice the 3R’s —Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. There are a number of other resources that can help you to manage your waste in an effort to achieve Zero Waste.
Reduce waste by shopping smarter
Reduce waste by shopping smarter Details
- Look for products that use less packaging. When manufacturers make their products with less packaging, they use less raw material. This reduces waste and costs. These extra savings can be passed along to the consumer. Buying in bulk, for example, can reduce packaging and save money.
- Buy reusable over disposable items. Look for items that can be reused; the little things can add up. For example, you can bring your own silverware and cup to work, rather than using disposable items.
- Maintain and repair products, like clothing, tires, and appliances, so that they won't have to be thrown out and replaced as frequently.
- Borrow, rent, or share items that are used infrequently, like party decorations, tools, or furniture.
If you don't need it donate it
Where to Donate Details
Clothing/Toys Donation Centers
- Goodwill Industries: List of Akron Locations
- The Salvation Army Family Stores: www.satruck.org or 1-800-SA-TRUCK
- Haven of Rest Ministries: 175 E. Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44309 or 330.535.1563
Furniture Donation Centers