Food Waste Collection Services
If you are looking to compost your food waste in a manner other than back yard composting, you may be interested in service providers who will collect and compost your food waste through pick-up services or drop-off locations.
Keep in mind, food waste can be composted at Ohio EPA registered Class II compost facilities (Ohio EPA List of Registered Compost Facilities (PDF) ) or at a site that does not exceed 500 square feet. Note: There are no OEPA registered Class II compost facilities in Summit County.
Below are a few sample questions to help you gather information on the options available so you can decided if the service is best for your food waste composting needs.
Below are sample questions to ask each service provider.
- Can you collect food waste from my location in Summit County?
- Do you accept food waste from homes, businesses or both?
- What type of food waste do you accept?
- Do you offer a drop-off site and/or a pick-up service for food waste?
- What are your fees for this service?
- Do you provide containers for collection? If so, what size?
- Does the food waste collected go to an Ohio EPA registered Class II Compost facility or a composting site that does not exceed 500 square feet? @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
This is not a comprehensive list of service providers and does not reflect an endorsement by ReWorks.
Community Compost Cooperative
Rubber City Reuse
Rust Belt Riders